Sunday, December 25, 2011

Gratitude




You never know when that little thing you say or do will mean so much to someone. Thank you so much Carol, you have inspired me. So glad my little posts have inspired you.


I have so much to be grateful for and so many people who have come into my life and encouraged/influenced me. Today I am just feeling all of that gratitude. The quilt I choice for the day is called "No Nonsense." I named it that because the fabric came from a dear friend, Amoyewa, who took no prisoners. I loved her for her no nonsense attitude towards life. When I look at this quilt, I think of her. She had a great idea about what I liked. She knew me well. I miss her.


It is a simple traditional block pattern. This is one of those that I made by stacking up all 20 blocks, then adding the sashing that I pieced with squares and triangles. It is bed sized -77"x100" and my favorite color of orange. I'm sure you hadn't missed the orangeness of it.




No comments: