Thursday, June 11, 2009

Honorable Mention

I often get "call for artists" emails, usually for entering quilt shows. The call for artists at Florida A&M University Pinnacle Exhibit was strictly an art show. So it is always special to mingle with visual artists of other media.
The exhibit opened Friday June 5 and runs through June 26.
The call for artists had been out for 4 months and 43 works were accepted. At first I was just excited to be accepted, but when I got the notice that I received Honorable Mention excitement turned to ecstacy. Wow! I was in the top 5.
Thanks FAMU!

3 comments:

JC said...

This is so pretty! And congratulations on the honor. I'm glad you had a nice time when you were in DC not too long ago.

aisha said...

Thanks. I made another quilt just for this entry but since I could send in three for the money, I stuck this one in. You never know what the judges are going to choose.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. I'll be sure to go by and see the exhibit before its closes!

Valerie