Thursday, September 3, 2009

40% Off Quilt Sale


As much as I love having quilts all around me, they eventually become quite a challenge to store. So this month, I am attempting to clear out. It seems like a good time to purge and get ready for the holiday season.


July was a real whirlwind for me. I opened it with a few quilts for Bastille Day hosted by the French Club here in Atlanta. I wasn't there but I heard that it was a greatly attended event. Then I swished off to the Ebony Stitchers Quilt Exhibition at the Porter Sanford Performing Arts Center. That was big for me, since I was the featured artist. Being the featured artist is a wonderful thing if you have all the quilts ready. It proved to be a big challenge but I rose to the occasion.


We set up the Birmingham Library Exhibit at the same time of the Ebony Stitchers event and planned to go later for Artist Reception. Then the National Black Arts Festival and the Brown Sugar Stitchers Quilt Show happened simultaneously. it was impossible to be in two places at one time, so I missed one. I had quilts everywhere. That was the beginning of the clue that I had a really large inventory.

I rushed off to Birmingham the week after NBAF, I planned to put up pictures immediately after but pretty much passed out from all the exhibits. But now I am back. The next big thing- Quilt making workshop in October at the West End Library and this big September Sale. Don't miss it. See what's on sale at www.obaquilts.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Again, Wow Aisha!!! I just found your blog, and you and your work amaze me. I read your profile and how wonderful that you see and hear and invision your art in the fabric! You are truly an artist! I am also impressed with your shows..and I'm sure the many people that came to see the quilts were impressed also. I will look forward to seeing your future work!