Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Sewing It Up

I think of this as a big puzzle and I love puzzles. As a matter of fact, my whole family love puzzles. My brother talks of fond memories of putting puzzles together with our Mom. Not to mention all the puzzle fun we have had at family reunions.

Once I get all the pieces together, I stand back to see if it all works. Then I am ready to sew down all of the pieces. I use two different techniques for sewing the pieces to the foundation. I opted to sew this one with straight stitches as opposed to a zigzag stitch. You can hardly tell where I stitched.


Of course I still have a long way to go with the stitching but so far the start is promising. I'm still in the process of deciding the background. Pretty sure it is going to be a print pattern although I usually use a solid fabric for the background.

I haven't started to sew the lips yet. I saved them for last. I need to have a stretch of uninterrupted time to focus on them. I don't want to lose that look with rushed and bungled stitches.

You may have noticed that I finished the blouse and all outside edges. What I absolutely love- is the fact that the work ticks along over time. It is as if I have done what I always say is the key to art. I have arrested time and I will slowly bring it back to movement as it develops.

No comments: