Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Learn Paper Piecing

Learn paper (foundation) piecing in my workshop at the "Award Winning" Quilt Exhibition. I am so excited to be teaching paper piecing on Friday July 24.
Paper of foundation pieces are used to create an accuracy in piecing that is often difficult to achieve with free hand sewing. Foundation piecing is usually used when piecing very small pieces or when stitching a complicated pieced unit. Even basic designs can be pieced using this foundation technique.
Students will learn to make the house block in this quilt. For more information: www.ebonystitchersquiltguild.com If you are in Georgia or will be traveling to Georgia and want to take your skills to a new level, sign up to take this class.
This quilt is called "Inside An Architect's Mind". It took about 8 months to complete and gave me great pleasure in the process. It is a tedious undertaking which needs your full attention but promises gratification when finished.

1 comment:

JC said...

Is paper piecing fairly easy? I saw it done for the first time when I went to my first ASG meeting as a guest in March. I was too chicken to participate :-) It looked like lots of fun!