Saturday, April 11, 2009

Working It Out

I finally sewed some strips together on this butterfly project. I'm surprised that it took me all week to do this. I had planned for this to be a slow project but not this slow. I did six of the nine required panels. I should be able to do the last three this week. Then I will be on to cutting the wedges. After the wedges are cut it'll be time to start forming the butterfly. Then I'll probably start feeling anxious about seeing the finished product. But for now I'm pretty relaxed with the level of progress, it doesn't look like anything yet.



What I really did this week was to create some new art pieces for my Mosaic Tile Workshop. The idea was to do some pieces that could be easily finished within the three hours of the workshop. I was able to do them in less time and am completely confident that a beginner can finish one in three hours. The workshop is on Saturday, April 25, 2009 10am-1pm at The New Arts Exchange 750 Kalb Ave. Atlanta GA 30312.


This workshop helps you to create memorable tile art. Mosaic Tile Basics is a great place to start. During this mosaic tile course, you will learn “Pique Assiette” (broken ceramic pieces) construction. We will cover the basics of mosaic tile materials, mosaic tile tools, cutting methods and application. If you like puzzles, this class is for you. The skills acquired in this class can be applied to limitless mosaic projects. Once you get started with this great art form beware, nothing is safe from you. For more information: http://www.obaquilts.com/ or call 404-624-4211 or email: iamcomplete7@yahoo.com






3 comments:

Faye Lewis said...

You do such wonderful work!

Cennetta said...

Oh My Goodness! What a labor of love and beauty.

JC said...

I lived in Atlanta for many years..wish I had known about you while I was there. In fact, looking at your phone number, you appear to be either on the SE or SW side (I'm leaning more towards SE). I lived right in the city and can share more privately.

I am becoming interested in blogging and just posted an article from another quilter on my blog. Looking forward to seeing and learning from you. Take care!