Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Week of Leaves

To tell the strange truth I have enjoyed sewing leaves on the quilt. It has taken a lot longer than I planned but that seems to be my claim to fame. I used to make a "Things To Do TODAY" list and it would take me a week or two to do it all. When I calculate in my brain how long it will take me to make something, I don't take into account unforseen things popping up-like cooking dinner.

This week a lot of pop-ups happened. The time I thought I had for sewing turned into volunteering on someone else's project. I worked some late nights to make up the missed time. I still need to put some more leaves in but I can see the end in sight. I'm getting a litte excited about transitioning to the people. I am going to start with the clothes first, then to the faces.

I did get some insight about the picture this week. It was taken about 1943 after a funeral. All four of the children in the picture grew up to be great participants in the affairs of the world. I am working hard to make this a fitting tribute to them.

The quilt has definitely come a long way since I started with the plain white house. I guess that is the real story. What brings life to an otherwise dull and boring house is vegetation and people. This house is slowly coming to life. Therefore, an empty house without people will eventually revert back to lifelessness and die.

1 comment:

Lenora said...

I can't wait to see the finish product!