Monday, February 23, 2009

Hooked On Sewing


It's here. It's here. I rushed out this morning to get my machine. I was glad to see it as if were an old friend. I think I was about to have some kind of withdrawal or something. Four whole days without my machine. It really was just the thought that it wasn't there that bothered me. Of course I have gone days, even weeks with using it. The idea of not being able to use it when I chose to was a drag. All that is behind me now.

I hurried in with it, stopping for nothing. Plugged it in just to see how well it worked. The people at Atlanta Sewing Machine on Metropolitan Blvd. are my heroes. I've been using them for about 15 years or so. They really made it sew like new.

I finished the eyes I was working on when my back up machine caught on fire. I even worked on the hair. Changed thread color and started stitching the face. I was there stitching away for a while when I remembered how hungry I was. I am so happy to have my machine back.

3 comments:

Cennetta said...

I feel the same way when I take my machine in for servicing. Two years ago I decided to buy a secondary machine to help with the withdrawal symptons. lol

Susan said...

Glad you got your machine back before heavier symptoms of loss kicked in! lol.

aisha said...

Lol. You are so right Susan. I hadn't realized that I'd grown so attached lately.