Thursday, February 19, 2009

What Next


It is a pretty sad day in the Lumumba house today.

My main sewing machine got sick the other day. I figured that wasn't too bad because I had a back-up. So I pulled out my back-up which is a wonderful old sewiing machine that belonged to my mother-in-law when she was a young woman. I have had it serviced a couple of times. I knew it was delicate so I set out to work on a really small project. Just eyes on the face of my new project. Just eyes! how much harm could that do.

It was sewing beautifully. Then the paddle started to stall. The motor felt hot, so I guessed it was running hot. Stepped away to another project for a while, let it cool off and back to the eyes I went. Then I smelled smoke. The foot paddle was fully engulfed in smoke. I unplugged and could see a full day of sewing gone. Oh well, there's always hand quilting.

No comments: