Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Blue Moon





The idea for Once in a Blue Moon started when one of the ladies in the Brown Sugar Stitchers Guild brought in her scrap bag to share with us. She thought she would offer them to us before she threw it out. So happy she did. I got some really really great pieces from the bag, especially that wonderful blue stripe on the sleeves. I thought this would be a great way to use up a lot of my scraps as well. It was like putting together a puzzle. I had just learned to make the gentle curve that I added through the middle. I gave her a big afro that kind of flopped in the top like mine used to do. I added the moon and some adinkra symbols to the black side and embellished her dress with a lot of beads. It is 31"x39". I also hand quilted it.



Today she is the new Super Savings Sale item. Check it out!



No comments: